Friday, November 7, 2008

Chapter 9 in room 208

I was surprised to see everyone in the correct room when I showed up for the lecture. Someone must be reading my silly blogs as that was where this room change was announced. Julie was still missing in action so if someone can make sure she is only voluntarily lost that would be appreciate.

Gave a quiz on petty cash. Such an easy quiz, I can't believe I'm such a push over. That's the 4th quiz of the year so we only have 2 more remaining.

Had several questions on Monopoly to start off the class. Seems like everyone is getting that underway. I think a couple of people were doing their monopoly project in class during the lecture. Glad to see I can at least keep people awake even if its just to work on other things. I better not give myself too much credit as I think text messaging is the real thing that keeps some people awake in class.

Chapter 9 goes pretty deep into receivables. Internal control, best practices, estimating bad debt, payments from customers, etc. Found out who's Guido in their companies. Found out Carey actually has someone called Guido in her company that collects money (hopefully not with a bat). Tammy is Guido for her company. Jennifer says her company collect 42% of what they bill where the industry average (neuroscience care) is around 35%. Fun times. Always like it when everyone has something to say. I'd much rather listen to the students give examples than for me to babble on.

Homework assigned:

•E9-15
•E9-23
•E9-24
•P9-27A
•P9-30A
•P9-32A
•P9-37B
•P9-39B

No comments: