Friday, November 21, 2008

Chapter 10

Had a good class. Finished off Depreciation, depletion and amortization. Big thing to remember is depreciation and depletion have an accumulated account. Amortization gets written off against the asset.

Started talking about buying companies and good will. Left it at the definition of good will. Made me start looking forward to next semester. Stocks, bonds, markets, analyzing companies, etc. Very fun stuff. Kind of gives you a good understanding of the economy in general with an accounting type view. Asked who was coming back next semester. Saw about half the hands go up. Normal for about half the class to drop off from first to second semester.

I said I'd put something on my blog but forgot what it was. If anyone remembers let me know. We will do homework next class and have a quiz on depreciation.

Answered project questions and reminded everyone that I'm gone Thanksgiving weekend so won't be able to answer anyones questions over the weekend. Still time to have me look over the project. Bring it to class on Tuesday even if you're not done and I'll look it over after class.

Anyone join Linkedin yet? Add me if you'd like to stay connected. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/a62/913

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was a problem with the problem with DDB on the homework, I think that it was 31 but I am not sure. You were going to look at it and post it for me. Thanks Tami