Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Materials, WIP and Finished Goods

I caught 3 or 4 people nodding off last night. I started making faces at everyone to see who was paying attention. I didn't see any reaction and think a few people were thinking I was having face spasms. I also said something like raw materials could be nails, lumber, dogs, cats...didn't even see anyone flinch. At least I can entertain myself. I'm always glad when someone leaves then comes back. I often think "that's the last I'll see of Michael" then in 10 mins or so he wanders back in. ha.

Chapter 18 is the introduction to management accounting. We don't get too detailed but give you the outline of what happens in a cost accounting system. Future chapters will go into Process costing, job costing, analyzing, break even etc.

Mary-Liz sounds like she's had some experience with all this. We are talking A, B, and C's and she's near the X, Y, Z's. It's basic at this point. Don't get frustrated.

Homework next class and Test overview. Don't miss the fun.

No comments: