Friday, September 5, 2008

Meat of the semester

Another student showed up to class but I noticed a few others missing. Our only male contingent hasn't showed up since the first day of class so it may be an all female accounting class.

I feel Chapter 2 is the most important chapter for this semester. Everything else will stem from this chapter. So the things we've gone over in the past couple of classes must be mastered if a student is to do well from here on out.

Went through most of our homework questions. I told horrible jokes and acted like a fool in an attempt to liven up the drudgery of going over the homework. Can't tell if anyone likes the class. I see a few attempts at a smile once in a while but everyone still looks very serious. I also heard several yawns (probably deservedly) while my back was turned as I was writing on the chalk board.

One thing the class has going for it is they pretend to be able to read my hand writing. That's quite unusual as I often have students asking me to be more legible.

Assigned Homework: Read Chapter 3

Quiz alert: There will be a quiz next class on Chapter 2 (journalize>>post>>TB)

Next class: We will go over one homework question we didn't get to in class (for practice), then take a quiz that is similar to the homework questions. We will then start chapter 3.

Link to Chapter 2 homework outlines and power point slides: http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_horngren_accounting_7/55/14222/3640941.cw/index.html

Hint: Along the top of the page on the link above you can select the chapter you want to look at. On the left side of the page there is student power points and eWorking papers. The eWorking papers is the homework outlines.

No comments: