Friday, September 26, 2008

Finished chapter 4 - Quiz remarks

Handed back the test and was very impressed with the high marks. Here is a overview of the results.


I heard several comments about how hard the test was but by looking at the grades I probably shouldn't have made it so easy.

Also had a quiz (probably easiest one of the year). I like finding out how the class is going so did a Give Me Some Feedback quiz.

Here are some comments from the responses:

"I love your accounting jokes"

"I am actually understanding it and like doing the work. I actually have to think in class. Work more on deffinitions. Try not to focus on only work problems but concepts as well"

"Like working out problems on the board and getting to visualize the process."

"I like the hands on approach going through problems and walking through each step."

"Class is connecting the dots for me. I do a lot of computer accounting and it is god to see how it all works. Sometimes it gets a little tiresome when it takes so long on each problem."

"Need better penmanship and more comfortable chairs."

"Like the lack of stress. I don't feel pressured to go faster than I am able. Sometimes I have a hard time focusing because we go through problems so slowly and repeatedly. However that is why I don't feel too stressed. Dorky as it may be, thumbs sometimes help."

"Need sugar drinks to wake me up. Everything is gone over and you make it as fun as possible."

"Like going through problems as a group."

"Would like less interruption from the class when you are trying to teach."

"I find acct 201 challenging. However, when it clicks I understand what is going on. Your test is harder than you said it would be."

"It is very interesting stuff. Going over the homework is going very well. At least I know what I am doing. Could go over the section before giving homework."

Those were taken directly from each of the students quizzes. Seems like everyone thinks the class is going ok. Could speed up the homework on the board. Although I'm a slow poke and can't think that fast.

Homework assigned:

E4-20
E4-22
E4-23
P4-27A
P4-30A
P4-34B
P4-36B

Please bring Monopoly game practice set next class as we will go over project requirements

No comments: