Friday, January 22, 2010

Cash flow statment

Had a surprise appearance from a former ACGT 201 student. Adrienne sauntered into class and I was pretty sure I remembered her sitting in the same spot about 2 years ago. Glad to see she thought she could stand another semester of my dry wit and geeky humor.

It's felt pretty good the last couple of classes. Had quite a bit of participation and most of my jokes get some giggles out of some of you. Tried to explain cash flow principals. I saw several eyebrow scrunches and a few head shakings. Not sure if that's because of my explainations or just people trying to stay awake. Please give me feedback if you want me to go over something again. Hopefully going over homework will clear some of the confusion up.

Finished up the cash flow chapter and explained that thumbs were meant to be used by all accountants. Assets it's opposite, liabilites and OE it's in the same direction. Some of the slides were hard to look at. As I said in class, I think they are more confusing than they are really worth.

Did a sample cash flow and assinged everyone to try the homework themselves before going through it in class. We should get through all the homework and possibly start on chapter 14.

Homework:
  • Finish homework assigned from last blog
  • Read chapter 13

No comments: