Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First day of class 2009

Nice surprise to see so many males in class. As I said in class, last year I had 13 females so it made all my sports references moot.

I remembered Camas after class. He's the guy behind the ski adjusting counter at Sportsman. I need to get some ski's adjusted this year so maybe I can get special treatment now. ha. Glad his dad is making him take this class.

Jeff is married. Didn't say if he has kids. Jason and Jon I think are married as well. I think I remember Deva and Ashley say they weren't married. Deva says she's bad with money so needs to take this class. Ashley has 20 credits. Crazy.

David worked/works? for Semitool. Must be involved with purchasing somehow.

Patrick ran and owned some businesses before. Sounds like he took care of the books for the company. Good experience.

I tried to keep everyone awake. As you hopefully can tell, I'm pretty casual during class. If I can make a joke, I will. Some will be humourous, some will make you groan. Anything to get a response.

I'm gonna have to bring a clock or I'm going to go crazy. Terrible to not know what time it is during the lecture.

Here are the instructions for My Accounting lab:

To register, you will need a student access code and a course ID. If you purchased a new textbook, it should have come with a Student Access Kit that contains a code you can use to register. If you do not have a Student Access Kit, you can purchase access online with a major credit card.
Course ID: XL0E-B1KR-001Y-9K72
Course Name: Accounting 8e 201

  1. Go to www.myaccountinglab.com and click the Student button, in the Register section.
  2. Enter the course ID, XL0E-B1KR-001Y-9K72 and click Next.
  3. Choose to register an access code (came with your new book) or purchase access if you don’t have an access kit/code.
  4. Click the button to proceed to registration.
  5. Follow the instructions to create your account (school zip code required to complete).
  6. Click the link to login. You’ll be directed to www.myaccountinglab.com, where you can enter the user name and password you just created. Click the login button.
  7. The first time you enter the site, you will need to choose how you will work in MyAccountingLab. Select the " I am taking a course that is using MyAccountingLab, and need to enroll in my instructor's course." option.
  8. You’ll be asked to enter a course ID. Re-enter your course ID, XL0E-B1KR-001Y-9K72
  9. Be sure to click on the Browser Check link on the Announcements page or in the upper right of the screen the first time you login and anytime you use a new computer. This wizard will walk you through the installation of the software you will need to use the MyAccountingLab resources (such as Flash).

Note: the software may already be installed in the school lab, so in that case check first with your lab administrator.

Homework:

Read Chapter 1

P1-33A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not bad - it took me forever to get the software going - but i am in today! I think i will make it.