Thursday, April 16, 2009

Test Day

Got to class late so everyone could fill out the surveys. Guess from here on out I don't need to try since that's over with. Yes, I do try to be entertaining occasionally. It's not the easiest task to keep people awake during process costing at 8pm.

Julie informed everyone she got fired from Huhot. She's had a run of bad luck in the job market lately. I've been told if you get laid off but are going to school you don't get unemployment benefits. Pretty sucky.

Project due date is fast approaching. Haven't had any turned in yet for review. Not required but might be a good idea.

Was asked to teach next years night accounting class again. Poor people. Don't know what FVCC has against you poor students. It's one thing to come back to ACCT 202 in the winter after taking 201 from me. You kind of know the torture you're putting yourself through. It's another thing entirely to doom students to a semester of my unsilly jokes, unwitty humor, and uninspiring lectures. I hymned and hawed as I'm not sure of my plans for next year. Baby is due in early October. Contemplating moving back to Canada at some point. I reluctantly said yes as they offered me free parking and the highest wages FVCC offers to part-time, adjunct, night class faculty.

Homework:

Read chapter 22 (only 4 chapters left in the book)

No comments: