Friday, October 24, 2008

Chapter 7

Good class tonight. More like a show and tell. Demo'd Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains as an introduction to the computer accounting section of the chapter. Good discussion about what to look for in a system, cost/benefit, time and cost needed, etc. This is what I do in real life. My real job is implementing, supporting, and consulting with Microsoft Dynamics.

Also showed spreadsheets. Showed a spreadsheet I use to evaluate potential rental properties. Input data and several worksheets are updated with the results telling me if the project is worth investing in.

Talked about special journals specifically in how to do them for the monopoly game. This is a big part of the project as you enter all transactions from entry 27 on.

Oh, gave back the test as well. Some good grades, some ok grades. Average on the test was 81%, Medium 86%.

Half way done the class. Showed everyone how to calculate their own grades. If it's not to clear, email me and I'll send you your grade.

Homework assigned:

•P7-26A
•P7-28A
•P7-34B
•Optional practice not going over in class
–P7-29A
–P7-31B
–P7-33B

No comments: